Thursday 8 December 2022

Albums of the Year 2015

 I had assumed all my Top 30 lists from 2005 to 2015 had been lost to the ravages of time. But, thanks to Tina not deleting her emails, a couple of them have reappeared. Here's the 2015 list:-

1.Julia Holter – Have You In My Wilderness

2.Kendrick Lamar – To Pimp A Butterfly

3.Sufjan Stevens – Carrie & Lowell

4.Mbongwana Star – From Kinshasa

5.Tame Impala – Currents

6.Jim O’Rourke – Simple Songs

7.Joanna Newsom – Divers

8.New Order – Music Complete

9.Holly Herndon – Platform

10.Courtney Barnett – Sometimes I Sit And Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit

11.Oneohtrix Point Never – Garden Of Delete

12.Kamasi Washington – The Epic

13.Bjork – Vulnicura

14.Sleaford Mods – Key Markets

15.Jlin – Dark Energy

16.Father John Misty – I Love You, Honeybear

17.Matana Roberts – Coin Coin Chapter Three

18.Jamie XX – In Colour

19.Sleater-Kinney – No Cities To Love

20.Vince Staples – Summertime ‘06

21.Richard Thompson – Still

22.D’Angelo/The Vanguard – Black Messiah

23.Kurt Vile – B’live I’m Goin Down

24.Helm – Olympic Mess

25.Blur – The Magic Whip

26.Laura Cannell – Beneath Swooping Talons

27.Future – Dirty Sprite 2

28.Wilco – Star Wars

29.Carter Tutti Void – f(x)

30.John Grant – Grey Tickles, Black Pressure

 

*sources

 Pitchfork

The Quietus

The Wire

Mojo

Uncut

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment